About Me

My photo
I just love weddings, how can anyone not?! There is something so wonderful about two people gathering with those who mean the most to them and promising to love one another always. I can't help but get sucked in to the magic of it all and so Rebecca Barnett Wedding Design was created to help each bride create some magic for their own day.

Sunday 13 June 2010

Tea Party

As many of you will know, my favourite "meal" of the day is afternoon tea, there is something entirely decadent about eating gorgeously decorated cakes and sipping tea from a china tea cup, especially when sharing it with fab friends! Which is exactly what I spent the majority of Saturday afternoon doing in my newly decorated dining room...



..and I just couldn't resist colour coordinating it all, down to the icing on my freshly made cupcakes. It all started when I found the most beautiful striped wrapping paper by Caroline Gardner from John Lewis and then teamed it with coordinating ribbon and paper from Hobbycraft...





I spent most of the morning baking, much to the pleasure of my fiance who would magically appear to lick the bowl!

We indulged in red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting (my favourite)...





rocky roads...



vanilla cupcakes...



and a couple of treats courtesy of M&S...





and the final touch was some fresh white tulips...



everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and we were all suitably stuffed by the end of it!

Rebecca xx

No comments:

Post a Comment